Whilst Sheffield residents enjoy the late Spring Bank Holiday Weekend, they can rest assured that their bin collections and any planned trips to their local Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) will not be affected.
All bin collections across Sheffield will take place as normal on Monday 29 May so residents are reminded to put their bin out before 7am on their usual day of collection.
Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs):
All HWRCs will be open as normal, but customers are advised to check site opening days before they travel. Sites are open from 9.30am until 5.30pm and are open 7 days per week EXCEPT as shown below:
- Beighton Road: Woodhouse, S13 7PS. Closed: Tuesday.
- Blackstock Road: Gleadless, S14 1FY. Closed: Wednesday.
- Deepcar: Manchester Road, S36 2UU. Closed: Tuesday and Wednesday.
- High Green: Greaves Lane, S35 4GR. Closed: Wednesday and Thursday.
- Shirecliffe: Longley Avenue West, S5 8WA. Open: 7 days a week
The hotter weather and the bank holiday Monday means that HWRCs will be busier than normal. Please be patient if visiting during peak times, and note that sites are generally quieter during the later part of the day. Customers are asked not to queue outside the sites as this can pose a potential danger for other road users. Drivers found queuing onto the roads will be asked to move away from the site entrance until the site is clear to enter.
For up to date queuing information at busy times visit us on Twitter - @Recycle4Shef
The HWRCs accept a wide range of household waste for recycling, including electrical appliances, furniture, garden waste, textiles, glass bottles and jars, wood, scrap metal, batteries, and even engine and cooking oil. For more information about what these sites can accept please visit: www.veolia.co.uk/sheffield/
Top tips to remember when visiting your local Recycling Centre:
- If you need assistance when on site, please ask a member of staff.
- The sites are for the use of Sheffield residents for their own household waste only and are not for traders, who must use a properly licensed waste disposal site.
- If you wish to visit any of the sites in a van, 4x4 pick up, or with a trailer, you will require a permit (free of charge), which can be applied for by calling Veolia on 0114 273 4567 or e-mail [email protected].
We encourage residents with significant volumes of DIY waste and garden waste to consider contacting a registered skip hire company.
Residents can arrange for collections to take place from their home for both garden waste and bulky waste. Find out more at www.sheffield.gov.uk/bins-recycling-services.
For up-to-date information and service alerts about your recycling and waste collections, you can visit www.sheffield.gov.uk/waste or follow @Recycle4Shef on Twitter.